Health, Disabilities & Social Services
Alaska Health, Disabilities & Social Services
AHELP - The Alaska Health Education Library Project
Health promotion and education resources
Statewide directory of human service providers
- Alaska Center for Rural Health
- Alaska Department of Health & Social Services
- Alaska Medical Library
- Alaska Mental Health Consumer Web
- Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium
- Alaska Senior & Disabilities Services
- Alaska Suicide and Crisis Hotlines
Alaska Talking Book Center
Talking book and Braille format library
- Alaska Telehealth Advisory Council
Alaska Women's Network
Non-profit organizations, support groups, meeting notices, & more
Alaskan AIDS Assistance Association
Improving quality of life for HIV/AIDS Alaskans
- Alzheimers Resource of Alaska
- American Lung Association in Alaska
- Arctic Health Information Portal
State provided health insurance for children and pregnant women.
- Disability Law Center of Alaska
- Epidemiology, Health and Social Services, State of Alaska
- Family Help in Alaska
Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders
Statistics, diagnosis and treatment information for Alaskans.
- Food Bank of Alaska
Get started with some essential background information and links to locate Alaska ACA Navigators to help you enroll.
- La Leche League of Alaska
RID Alaska Child Sexual Abuse
Resource and information directory on child sexual abuse services available in various cities in Alaska.
Rural Alaska Community Action Program; assists village people to overcome all forms of poverty.
- Special Education Service Agency
- Special Olympics Alaska
State of AK ACA Homepage
Affordable Care Act, What it Means for You.
Stone Soup Group
Information/support to families of children with special health, disability, mental health, and/or special education needs.
- AHELP - The Alaska Health Education Library Project
General Health, Disabilities & Social Services
- Affordable Care Act and Insurance Exhanges - guide
American Cancer Society
Cancer information, news, services, links, resources.
- Cancer Monthly
CAPHIS - Consumer and Patient Health Information Section/Medical Library Association
Access Medline Plus, PubMed, Healthfinder, Merck Manual and more for consumers of all ages and for health professionals.
- CDC - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Free Medical Journals.Com
- Household Products Safety Information Database
IPL (Internet Public Library) - Health Medicine
Comprehensive links to general medicine, specific medical condition & disease web sites.
- Kid's Health
- Medline Plus
- National Adoption Information Clearinghouse
- National Center for Complementary & Alternative Medicine
- National Council on Disability
National Institutes of Health
Federal focal point for U.S. biomedical research
National Library Services for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
Free library program of Braille and recorded materials.
- NIH Senior Health Resources
- Nutrition for Everyone - Center for Disease Control
Nutrition Facts Calorie Counter
Contains extensive information on mental health. Website is owned and operated by a medical doctor.
National Library of Medicine - Contact your local library for full text articles.
- SAMHSA - Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration
Zero to Three
National Center for Infants, Toddlers and Families